Have you ever been forced to run to the local supermarket and buy a bag full of ice because you want to host a pool party? Say bye to all those worries Now, With this Best undercounter ice maker. These Undercounter Icemakers will give freedom to create as much ice when you need. This means that you would be able to generate the required amount of ice that situation demands and all that is possible from the comfort of your modern kitchen. Selecting the correct icemaker is not a simple walk in the park, and this is exactly why we have compiled a detailed list of the undercounter ice maker reviews here. All of these Undercounter ice maker units are perfectly capable of satisfying your need regarding ice production.
So what’s the Top undercounter ice maker in today market? We reviewed an enormous number of models to create our short list to meet your requirements. Best Undercounter ice maker is especially beneficial for home, offices and businesses like the food and beverage industry. While these undercounter ice machines produce sufficient quantities of ice, these ice makers are usually compact and easy to install.
Best Undercounter Ice Maker 2018 Reviews
When examining the leading undercounter ice maker, there are several essential characteristics to pay attention. The dimensions of the appliance, its capacity, the type of ice that it gives and the ease of cleaning should rank among the primary considerations. Based on these features, we examined an array of undercounter ice makers on the market. Research has enabled us to rank the top five machines. Check the detailed Built-in Ice Maker reviews of the best five undercounter ice makers reviews and the features that differentiate these appliances from everything else that the market has to offer.
Top 5 Undercounter Ice Machine in 2018
I am here to provide the best under counter ice maker reviews so that you’ll have a full clarity before making a purchase. If you’re in the market to buy an icemaker, you’re looking for three things primarily its capacity, reliability, and price. Noise is also an important factor to take into consideration, but most of the best ice makers are relatively quiet. These Undercounter Icemakers is a perfect way to keep your restaurant stocked with a large amount of high-quality clear ice every day. Here are some of the Best Undercounter Ice Maker reviews I’ve seen so far this year.
Merits of Best Under Counter Ice Maker
- Convenient to handle and easy to use.
- Won’t Change the flavour of your beverages -Ice produced is tastier and clear.
- High Ice production capacity up to 86 lbs daily in common.
- Cost effective: Because you don’t need to rush to get extra ice bags.
- Elegant Design: Many of these undercounter ice makers can compliment any décor.
These Best Undercounter Ice Maker reviews letting you take advantage of their one-time price to avoid buying ice over and over again. You’ll also enjoy the convenience of having fresh, clean ice cubes available for you and your customers. It’s a part of restaurant management that easily overlooked but is important to tie your brand together. You can check the top undercounter Ice Maker reviews in the following section.
U-Line BI95B-00 14″ Ice Maker – Black
The U-Line maintains its position at the forefront of the industry as the Best Undercounter Ice Maker. This Best Undercounter Ice Maker uses less than 3 gallons of water to produce up to 23 pounds of ice per day. It is approximately four times greater than the average household refrigerator. U-Line 14 Inch Undercounter Ice Machine makes a huge quantities ice by using minimal electricity as well as water. The U-Line: BI95B-00 14″ Ice Maker – Black is readily blended into in a kitchen or even a mini bar with its chic looks and a well-built body. Because of its additional features, it can be used as built-in the unit or even as a freestanding unit. Talking about features, check here some more special ones need to be highlighted in the following section. Check the U-Line Undercounter Ice Maker reviews in the following section.
- Uses less than 3 gallons of water to produce up to 23 lbs of ice per day with Minimal electricity.
- Daily ice production rate is approximately four times greater than the average household refrigerator.
- Elegant black colored body.
- Reversible door.
- Compliant with ADA height requirements.
- Ice storage capacity up to 12 pounds.
- No drain required and convenient, easy to use.
- Door swing is field reversible.
- On/Off switch is conveniently located on the grille
- Designed to be built-in or can be freestanding applications.
- Energy efficient.
- On parts one year warranty and compressor five years warranty.
- Limited Indoor Use Only.
- Too much moving around of electrical gadgets can cause damage.
Scotsman CU50GA-1A Undercounter Gourmet Icemaker
It is the One of Best Under Counter Ice Machine in Market. This optimal Undercounter Ice Maker produces upto 65 lb of ice daily and Stores upto 26 pounds. Gourmet in the name makes this appliance sound pretty impressive. This Undercounter Gourmet Ice Maker is the best one because of its solid construction, the large ice-making capacity. The additional features of this Undercounter Icemaker are incredibly easy to operate. Check the A water quality sensor is the unique characteristics of this Scotsman Undercounter Gourmet icemaker which is capable of detecting hard water. If the water sensor detects impurities, the control system is activated to purge the water and improve the minerals and taste of the resulting ice cubes.
- Capacity to make up to 65 lbs of gourmet ice daily.
- A built-in drain pump is available for effortless cleaning
- Storage bin that can hold up to 26 lbs of ice.
- The machine produces crystal clear, slow melting Gourmet ice cubes.
- Water quality sensor improves the performance of this ice machine.
- Designed for commercial indoor and outdoor use.
- In Built sensors provides water condition and when the appliance needs to be cleaned.
- Energy Star-certified to minimize electricity consumption
- Self-contained, air-cooled condenser are available in this Scotsman Undercounter Icemaker.
- The machine is compact, which allows for effortless installation – it measures solely 14.87 by 34.37 by 22 inches
- Five-year warranty on the compressor.
- Expensive: This Well-made undercounter ice maker is on the more expensive side.
- Bit noisy: In some reviewers mention the fact that the Scotsman Undercounter is on the noisy side in comparison to other similar appliances.
- Plumbing work required during installation.
SPT IM-600US Stainless Steel Under-Counter Ice Maker, 50-Pound
The Sunpentown Undercounter Icemaker is a restaurant quality ice machine that can produce 50 pounds of ice within 24 hours. SPT presents a beautiful stainless steel cabinet and door that can undoubtedly incorporate itself into any decor. You can use this Sunpentown Undercounter Icemaker as a built in or a freestanding unit, the choice is yours, and there are no doubts about it. This SPT IM-600 US Stainless Steel Built-in ice maker lets you make up to 50 lbs of ice daily and store up to 25 pounds of ice. This Ice Machine is more narrow than other models, which might fit in better with different spaces and setups in your particular establishment.
|Current Price||$849.00||July 20, 2018|
|Highest Price||$1,499.94||May 30, 2018|
|Lowest Price||$811.50||April 7, 2018|
Last price changes
|$1,499.94||July 5, 2018|
|$1,249.00||June 28, 2018|
|$1,199.00||June 24, 2018|
|$1,249.00||June 2, 2018|
|$1,499.94||May 30, 2018|
- Makes Crystal clear gourmet ice formation.
- Auto shut-off when ice bin is full.
- Reversible door with full-length stainless steel handle.
- Stores up to 25 lbs of gourmet ice.
- Makes up to 50 pounds of Restaurant Quality ice daily.
- Stainless steel door with black cabinet.
- User-friendly digital controls.
- Easy to operate electronic controls.
- Front exhaust fan.
- Built-in or freestanding application.
- UL listed.
- Accessories included: Removable ice bin, Gravity drain hose, water supply hose and ice scoop.
- Plastic scoop.
- Rear located controls.
- Produces sheets of ice.
- Noise in operation.
This Undercounter ice maker produces noise which is a problem for many customers. It is recommended to install as a freestanding unit to avoid any friction with other counters.
Whynter UIM 155 Stainless Steel Built-In Ice Maker
The Whynter UIM 155 Stainless Steel Built-In Ice Maker is worth a lot more than it cost. A Small, but mighty, the Whynter UIM 155 Built-in ice maker makes an excellent addition to any kitchen, home bar, office pantry, conference room. The door is well sealed to keep the interior temperature cold and intact. An On and Off rocker switch is located in the bottom right corner of the front venting grille, so the power switch is easy to access. A smart black cabinet comes with a fitted reversible stainless steel door. Whynter Stainless Steel can produce 12 lbs daily and can store upto 6 lbs of ice.
This Wynter Stainless Steel Built in Ince maker has a sleek body made up of stainless steel and has a black colored cabinet that makes it more appealing in your modern kitchen.Wynter UIM 155 Stainless Steel Icemaker, has a built in the freezer, so you don’t have to move the ice to keep it fresh.
|Current Price||-||July 20, 2018|
|Highest Price||$528.80||February 18, 2018|
|Lowest Price||$229.99||June 24, 2018|
Last price changes
|$339.10||July 18, 2018|
|$306.25||July 7, 2018|
|$229.99||July 5, 2018|
|$320.53||July 2, 2018|
|$229.99||June 24, 2018|
- No drain required.
- Delivers upto 12 pounds of crescent-shaped ice daily.
- Sleek stainless steel door and black cabinet.
- A high efficiency, the CFC-free compressor is available.
- Maximum Ice storage capacity of 6 lbs in the refrigerated compartment.
- Automatic stop feature ensures ice production stops when the bin is full.
- Built-in or freestanding installation with front venting.
- Completely removable ice bin.
- 9 feet X 1/4″ food grade water line connection included Easy to use one button operation.
- Comes with a black cabinet, ice bin and ice scoop.
- Noise Free Operation.
- User-friendly controls and one-button operations.
- No auto-defrost.
- Uses a lot of electricity.
- Ice mechanism can get stuck.
EdgeStar 50 lb Undercounter Clear Ice Maker with Drain Pump
This is the best undercounter clear ice makers on today’s market. You’ll never run out of ice again with these EdgeStar Undercounter Ice Maker with Drain Pump. This built-in ice maker makes an impressive 50 pounds of restaurant-quality ice per day. EdgeStar Ice Maker comes with an internal drain pump which allows excess water from melted ice to be easily drained out. This EdgeStar 50 lb Undercounter Clear Ice Maker Complete with an attractive commercial-grade stainless steel wrapped door which is sure to complement any kitchen decor. They have an auto-defrost feature. Comes up with a sensor to keep your machine from overfilling. Check the functional features of Best Under Counter Ice Maker in the following Section.
- Capable for Built-In or Freestanding Installation.
- Produces upto 50 lb of Restaurant-Quality Ice daily.
- Revomal Ice Bin.
- Large Ice capacity storage is available upto 25 lbs of Clear Ice.
- Attractive Design and an elegantly curved handle create a sleek and modern look that is sure to match or complement any contemporary kitchen design.
- Reversible Door, you can decide whether it will swing left or right.
- Easy-to-Use Controls.
- Adjustable Leveling Legs.
- Accessories Included: A removable ice bin, internal drain pump, and ice scoop.
- The ice from Edgestar undercounter Stainless Steel ice maker is not a pellet.
- This Undercounter Icemaker large sheets of ice that are supposed to break when they hit the ice bin, but they do not always cut into ice cubes.
12 Things To Consider before Purchasing a Best Undercounter Ice Machine
Are you searching for the comprehensive Best undercounter ice maker reviews? The best thing is stick to the risk-free side because it will keep you in check always. There are a few things that you need to cross check before buying an ice maker.
1. Ice Production Capacity
The Ice Production rate is the basic characteristic that you should consider when selecting a Top Undercounter Ice Maker. As a party host, I don’t want an ice maker which produces too little amount of ice in my parties. Before Buying a new Best undercounter ice maker, you need to plan your ice requirements carefully. For example, restaurants usually require a 1 1/2 pounds of ice per person, while hotels require around 5 lbs of ice per occupied room. For more Information check the following table.
2. Energy efficiency – Energy Star
An Energy Conserving undercounter ice maker is the best way to save energy as well as money for you. Each Energy Star certified undercounter ice maker could save energy and money on their utility bills. When considering top Under counter ice makers, Energy Star certified systems save on average about 1,200 kWh annually or $130/year in electricity bill costs. These Energy Star Undercounter ice makers are saves on average 15% more energy efficient and 23% more water-efficient than standard models. By purchasing Undercounter Ice Machines that meets the new Energy Star criteria, you can expect to save an additional $40/year and 6,300 gallons/year due to reduced water usage. For continuous Ice production, Energy star certified ice machines save, on average about 1500kWh annually, or $160/year on utility bills.
You do need a Undercounter ice maker which fits for all your needs, but you have to find the best one that fits your budget. Some features affect the cost of an ice maker. The Ice machines which make fancier ice types, such as ice flakes, gourmet, will cost more than standard models. A higher capacity icemaker will usually come with increased costs, and air-cooled undercounter ice machines tend to cost less than water-cooled ice makers. An energy efficient undercounter ice maker may cost more to start, but save you money for the long term. Self-contained ice machines are often costlier to install.
The Speed of Ice production is also an important factor to be considered too before buying a Top under counter ice maker. How quickly will the under counter ice machine make new ice restock your supply? The Best undercounter ice maker with a high production rate will produce the ice faster, helping you keep up the supply levels you need during busy times.
5. Ice Types
Understanding the different kinds of ice cubes that under counter ice maker can produce will help you select the right one for your needs. Certain types of ice cubes melt slower, easier to chew and have specific shapes to accommodate specific applications. Cubes? Gourmet? Half cubes? Nuggets? Flakes? Pearls? There are many types of Ice cubes are available, and each ice has its unique function and purpose. Finding the right ice cubes for your application is necessary. The right type of Best undercounter ice maker has a huge difference in the quality of the product you offer. Check the type of ice, its description and Applications in the following section for the Top Built in Ice Machines.
6. Drain Facility
Some of the modern high-end ice machines do not have a separate drain line. It is because these Best Undercounter Ice Machines can keep the ice frozen in a freezer itself. However, most undercounter Ice Machines have a drain line because they cannot maintain the ice frozen all the time. These Built-in ice making machines have ventilation that takes care of the rest. The truth is ice melts, and so it needs draining. This water flows out of this drain pipe without much of a difficulty and most machines come with one for free. As a customer, you need to think about your requirement and your budget of course before you buy one.
7. Water filter or not
The Water Filters help extend the life and well-being of your undercounter ice maker and allow them to operate more efficiently, and provide higher quality ice. The Water filter facility is also again something that is a personal choice of yours. Because these water filters are not a necessity but are recommended. Want to know the reason for it? There are two reasons for this let’s have a look at those. One is that it keeps your Best undercounter ice maker clean and secondly, it extends the lifespan of your built-in Ice machine. Both are interrelated because a less maintenance adds long life to your Best Undercounter Icemaker without a second thought. In addition to this, the water filters can make your ice taste better and keep them crystal clear.
8. Custom door panel
The Custom door panel is the another feature that you should check before you take the final call. If you can customize the panel door of your undercounter ice maker or maybe select one that fits your decor well can make it worth for your investment. Otherwise, you can also choose a freestanding one, and again it should be able to blend into your modern kitchen. Be it for your home or bar or business looks matters a lot in the selection of a Best Undercounter ice maker.
9. Air Cooled or Water Cooled units
The difference between these two units is the way of cooling the compressor or compressor.
Air Cooled Undercounter Ice Makers
- The undercounter Ice maker with air-cooled compressor is easy to install and are the best choice for most businesses.
- Air-cooled Ice machines are less expensive than others.
- Hence they use less water, these units are eco-friendly and easier on the utility bill.
Water Cooled Under Counter Ice Makers
- The amount of ice produced as well as the energy consumed by the water cooled ice machines are not affected by changing air temperatures.
- Water-Cooled Best Undercounter Ice machines use less electricity than air-cooled machines.
- These machines operate very efficient & more quietly when compared to air-cooled condensers.
10. Ice Machine Size
You must make ensure that you have adequate space in which your ice machine can operate and create ice effectively. Once you’ve settled on the type of Undercounter ice maker you need and the style of ice you want, you must select a machine with the right capacity for your needs. Check the best Undercounter Ice Maker sizing info. According to your requirement and application, you can choose the dimensions of your Undercounter Ice Machine.
No matter what Undercounter ice maker you buy, there are few accessories that you may want to add along with your icemaker. Check the list of best Under-counter Ice Maker Accessories in the following section.
- Ice Dispenser: An ice dispenser is similar to an ice bin, and it holds ice cubes until you use but it eliminates human contact with the ice supply by using a sensor or lever dispenser system.
- Water Filter: Using a water filter with your ice machine will extend the life of your Undercounter Ice machine. It helps to produce better tasting ice since it filters impurities in the water from collecting.
- Ice Bags: The Ice bags make your ice cubes portable and allow for the option of selling ice by the bag.
Of course, you probably want a Best undercounter ice maker with a solid warranty to protect against any problems throughout its lifetime. The undercounter Ice maker warranties vary from company to company and machine to machine. A typical warranty will be given as 3 years for Parts and Labor and 5 years warranty for Parts Only on the Refrigerations Components such as the Compressor, Condenser, and Evaporator. Some Ice making machine manufacturers offer to extend existing warranties with the purchase and replacement of an approved water filter.
How to buy Best Undercounter Ice Maker?
Regardless of what your budget or requirements, you are sure to find a suitable ice machine on amazon. You can start searching in the Ice Machines category. Since there are so many products available, make sure to choose the Best Undercounter Ice machine with the help of this article.