Frigidaire EFIC103 Portable Ice Maker Review 2020
From soothing muscles to blending the morning smoothie, ice cubes are used for various purposes in the home. A Frigidaire ice maker is a simple and easy way to keep the kitchen stocked with the ice you require. Since from 1916, Frigidaire has been selling the unique and innovative products and in the year 1918 Frigidaire sold the first electrical refrigerator. Frigidaire is dedicated to protect the environment by creating the products that are energy efficient.
The Frigidaire EFIC103 ice maker is a perfect portable ice maker machine for typical home use. The Frigidaire ice maker machine is also great for RVing, camping or taking along with you while you are travelling in a boat. It is the large enough to produce all the ice you require, and little enough to be carried to different places. Frigidaire stainless steel ice maker features an over sized basket with capacity 2.2 lbs, this is ultimate in ice making technology. All you require to do is just fill be the reservoir with water, and push couple of buttons and voila, ice is ready! Frigidaire EFIC103 portable ice maker is easy to take around the counter top or bring to the pool, on boat or anywhere else where you want to have ice right at fingertips. To know its features and specifications, read out complete Frigidaire EFIC103 Review below.
Frigidaire EFIC103 Ice Maker FEATURES
It is a compact ice maker and produces large amount of ice that is capable of producing 26 lbs of ice cubes per day. Frigidaire EFIC103 large capacity ice maker that is bin can store up to 2.2 lbs of ice at a time that is great for gatherings and parties. Frigidaire compact ice maker is easy to carry wherever you go that is on boo, near pool, camping, gatherings, parties etc.
In few minutes, you can be able to make the ice cubes for parties and gatherings on hot summer days. Compact and modern design makes it easy and flexible to transport and stylish to display. This ice maker is ideal for small kitchens and other compact places like dorm rooms, boats and many more.
This ice maker get the full stainless steel treatment, where even the lid is full stainless steel. This is bespoke feature which adds premium look and feel to the device and very impressive to the users.
Non-polluting, no harsh chemicals and efficient on power: It is the compressor cooling system with no chemical refrigerants and even saves the space in freezer for other food. It requires no installation, just put the plug in and add water within 7 minutes you can get fresh ice.
It is the best heavy duty ice maker, and some models can produce the ice almost double the conventional ones, 40 lbs of ice in 24 hrs. Produces the ice very fast 9 cubes in 7-15 minutes so you will have cool beverages ready to go. Large transparent view with which you can see inside the ice maker machine without opening the lid. Digital control panel shows the indicator when the bin is full and when the water is empty.
This ice makes helps you to create three different sizes of ice: small, medium and large. Smaller size of ice is great for putting in water bottles. Having the option of 3 ice cube sizes is a brilliant feature available to you. The Frigidaire large ice cube maker creates bullet shaped or hat shaped ice which is suitable and good for almost everything.
Easy to clean: Frigidaire 26 lbs ice maker has convenient drain plug helps you to drain and clean the ice maker machine easily, quickly and safely. An ice shovel is integrated to easily remove the ice cubes in clean and sanitary manner.
Frigidaire Stainless Steel Ice Maker SPECIFICATIONS
Curtis International LTD
Item model number
14 x 12 x 15 inches
Freestanding ice maker
Workmanship for 1 year on the parts and 1 year on labor
Ice maker features
Ice storage capacity
Ice production per day
Number of possible ice shapes
Number of ice sizes
Certification and listings
Basket, shovel, icemaker
Safeguards of Frigidaire EFIC103 Large Capacity Ice Maker
- Read all the instructions in manual carefully before using the machine.
- To do not immerse plug, cord or any part in water or other liquid.
- Never leave the appliance unattained while it in use.
- Do not place the device near electric burner or hot gas, or heater oven. Do not place on any other appliance.
- Unplug the appliance from power cord when not in use, before taking or putting of attachments and before cleaning the machine.
- Never touch cooling elements when the device is in process of making the ice.
- Avoid contact with moving when it is in operation.
- The use of unnecessary attachments which are not recommended by manufacturer may cause electric shock, injury or fire.
- Covered with transparent window
- Ice maker and pusher
- Ice shovel
- Water reservoir
- Ice basket
- Control panel
- Compressor cooling panel
- water drain cap
- easy to use button functions with LED indicators
- power On LED indicator light
- power ON/OFF button
- ice cube “SELECT SIZE” button
- chosen ice size LED light indicator displays: small, medium and large ice cubes
- “ICE FULL” LED indicator
- “ADD WATER”: alerts that water in reservoir is empty
- “ICE FULL” LED indicator
Water drain: do not lose any parts.
- Drain cap
- Rubber plug
- Drain spout.
Operating instructions of Frigidaire Compact Ice Maker
This Frigidaire EFIC103 portable ice maker uses complete automatic control system, with advanced microcomputer for convenient and easy ice making. Making the ice is simple and fast. Just add some water, plug into power outlet, and press the ON button. You can choose one of the three ice cubes size with just touch of a button. When first turning on the device, the compressor will be ideal for 3 minutes, while energizing.
There are warning light indicators that will alert you in filling the water when the reservoir is empty and to remove the ice cubes when the storage bin is full. The ice maker machine also has built-in safeguards that will avoid the accidental damage, by automatically shutting down the system whenever necessary.
Pre-operating instructions of Frigidaire Large Ice Cube Maker
- The tilted angle of machine should not exceed 45 degrees during the transportation or use. Do not turn the unit upside down. Doing such thing may cause the compressor or refrigerating system work incorrectly. When the ice maker is transported or move, please give some time for the fluids in compressor to settle down. If you are using the machine for the first time, then wait for 2 hours after the appliance has been positioned and leveled in correct and proper place before turning it on.
- Please make sure that ice maker machine is level and on stable platform or table to avoid malfunction.
- The ice maker should be placed on dry and surface level with sufficient ventilation, far away from heat sources like heaters, oven and corrosive gases. Leave 8 inches on all the sides of unit for proper ventilation.
- Do not fill the reservoir with hot water, this may damage ice maker. It is the best to fill the reservoir with water of room temperature or still lower.
Operating process of Frigidaire 26 lbs Ice Maker
- Water is pumped from storage tank to water box, which may take 1 minute of time.
- The ice making process starts when the evaporator rods are dipped into water box. You will hear the sound of compressor working.
- It will take around 8-13 minutes for each ice making cycle, depending on the size of ice cube you have selected. The larger the size, then it will take more time to make the ice. After the completion of one cycle, the water box will incline forward and the left over water will flow back to storage tank. Then the evaporator rods will release the ice cubes.
- Approximately after 60 seconds, the water box will tilt backward and ice pusher will push the ice cubes into storage basket. The next cycle will start when the water box will flick back to its original position.
- When the maximum limit of ice cubes is collected in storage bin and the ice reaches temperature sensor, then the ice maker will automatically stop working. The “ICE FULL” LED light up.
If you require more ice then remove the ice from storage bin, and replace the basket into machine at its original position.
6. To continue the process, check out the water in water storage tank. If the storage tank is empty, no water will get pumped into the storage box and the process will stop. The “ADD WATER” LED option will light up. Press “OFF” button. Fill the storage tank with water and then press “ON” button for ice maker to start the process again.
7. If the compressor stops for some reasons like too much ice, water shortage, power off etc. then do not start the device right away. Wait for at least 3 minutes before restarting the unit.
Yes, there is a drain valve for Frigidaire EFIC103 Portable 26 lb Ice Maker. This valve helps to drain the wastewater from the instrument.
Yes, you can get small ice cubes from Frigidaire Ice Maker that can be eaten with comfort .
Frigidaire EFIC103 Portable 26 lb Ice Maker can hold up to 2.2 pounds of ice.
A Frigidaire EFIC103 would use around 350-kilowatt hours in a month. The rate of calculation would be $0.06 per kWh.
Based on Frigidaire countertop ice maker review it is considered as the great portable ice machine for home or any location. You can use this beside pool, on boat or around home. If you add this portable ice maker to your life then this summer never going to be the same.
This ice machine gives lot of value for its price point. It makes great and tasty ice, easy to clean and even looks great in kitchen which stylish look and feel. This machine is strongly recommended if you need portable ice maker in your life.
If you are looking for a quick and easy solution for ice, then Frigidaire EFIC103 Ice Maker will be the right choice. The portable design makes it ideal for any countertop in your home or kitchen. All-inclusive, it comes with stunning features at low price only. So, check out the price and buy this best ice maker online at Amazon.