Igloo ICEB26RR Portable Ice Maker Review 2023
Igloo is one of the top rated and preferred companies for ice production. Igloo is an American maker which offers a wide range of portable ice maker machines, accessories, coolers and its parts. The Igloo Company has positive response from customers because they offer intelligent design, durability and quality etc. The people who are conducting parties frequently are recommended to use Igloo ice makers. Igloo designed different types of ice makers depending on space requirements, quantity of ice and many such factors.
Igloo ICEB26RR counter top ice maker is perfectly stylish, compact and portable appliance that will make the beverages nice and chilled! Which has ability to make ice in less than 7 minutes, and this appliance has capability of producing 26 pounds of ice per day. Igloo portable ice maker has viewing window from which you can able to see the making of ice, while 2-pound storage ice basket ensures the plenty of facility for all your needs. The LED control light panel let you to choose the ice cube size small or large, and letting you to know if the ice basket is full and when to add water. Better read the in-depth Igloo ICEB26RR Review below for complete knowledge on its features.
COMPACT IGLOO ICE MAHINE 26 LB FEATURES
- Designed for convenience
- Special Features
1. Designed for convenience
Convenient, portable and compact in size, this retro red igloo ice maker looks good on countertop and produces ice wherever and whenever you need it.
Quick freezing ice: Igloo Nostalgia ice maker makes 9 small or large cylinder shaped ice cubes in less than 7 minutes. This is less than the time that you take to go out for buying the ice everytime.
Large Ice Making Capacity: Keep the water tank full and this Igloo counter ice maker will give you 26 lbs of ice in 24 hours which are enough to keep the drinks cold all the day.
Water tank and ice basket capacity: Igloo portable countertop ice maker has 3 quarts water tank and storage bin with 2 pounds of capacity.
3. Special Features
- Control panel: It’s easy to understand and illuminated with LED lights, the electronic control panel will let you know when to add water and when the ice bin is full and allows you to select the size of ice cubes.
- Removable ice basket: Ice basket can be easily removed to transfer the ice cubes.
- Drain plug: Can drain out the water easily from the unit, when not in use.
- Easy to serve: Ice scoop is included to easily fill the glasses.
IGLOO COMPACT 26LB ICE MAKER SPECIFICATIONS
- Manufacturer : Igloo
- Item model number : ICEB26RR
- Product Dimensions : 9.6 x 14.7 x 12.4 inches
- Capacity : 15.6 cubic feet
- Item Weight : 20.5 pounds
- Freezer shelves : 0
- Number of doors : 1
- Voltage : 120 V
- Fuel type : Electric
- Connector type : Water line and drain
Important safeguards while using Igloo Portable Ice Maker
While using any electrical appliances, you should follow basic safety precautions that include:
- Read the user manual before operating the appliance.
- Do not ever touch the hot surfaces, always use knobs or handles
- Children or cognitively challenged without any supervision should never try to operate this appliance
- To avoid electrical shock do not immerse the plug, cord or any part of unit in water or any other liquids.
- Unplug the unit when not in use, before cleaning and before removing the parts.
- Do not try to operate the appliance with damaged plug or cord, the damaged appliance.
- The manufacturer does not recommend using any other accessory attachments, other than the attachments and accessories provided by the manufacturer. Use of other attachments may cause injury.
- Do not use unit other than its intended use
- Do not place directly to sunlight, near to hot gas or electrical burners or heated oven.
- Never the appliance unattended while it is in use.
- Do not clean with inflammable fluids, fumes can create explosion or fire hazards.Do not turn the unit upside down while in use or when filled with the ice.
Cleaning and maintenance of Igloo Countertop Ice Maker
Before start using the appliance, make sure you remove all the interior and exterior packaging, and follow the steps to clean and maintain the unit in proper way.
- Unplug the appliance from electrical outlet
- Remove the ice basket and scoop, and clean them with warm, soapy water and soft cloth. Wipe out completely with non-abrasive, dry towel.
- Clean the interior and exterior with warm, soapy water and non-abrasive towel.
- Drain the water by unplugging the drain plug located at the bottom of unit.
- Dry interior and exterior by wiping with soft dry cloth.
- If the appliance has been not used for long period drain the complete water from water reservoir.
Things to remember before using Igloo Portable Countertop Ice Maker ICEB26RR
- Follow the steps of cleaning and maintaining.
- Place the unit on flat, leveled surface that is protected from direct sunlight and other sources of heat.
- Allow the device to lie stable for one hour so that refrigerant fluid will settle down before using the device.
Operating Igloo ICEB26RR 26-pound portable automatic ice cube maker
- Open the clear lid to take out the ice basket and pour water into reservoir. Keep the water below the marked level.
- Press the power on LED control panel to start the ice making cycle.
- Select the required size of cube by pressing “SELECT” button. If the temperature of room is less than 60 degree Fahrenheit then it is suggested to select small size ice cubes in order to avoid ice from sticking.
- Each cycle takes 6-15 minutes of time, depending on the size of ice you have been selected and on ambient room temperature.
- Check the water level periodically while the process of ice making is going on. If the water pump is not able to pump the water, then unit will automatically stops and “ADD WATER” indicator will light up.
- If the water level is low, press the power button “OFF”, fill up the water to max level and then press the power button “ON” to start the cycle again.
- When the ice basket is full, the machine stops automatically and “ICE FULL” indicator will light up.
- For every 24 hours change the water in reservoir in order to ensure the reasonable hygiene level.
Helpful tips regarding Igloo Nostalgia Ice Maker
Ice cubes stick together
- This may be due to long period of ice cycle. Stop the ice maker, and then restart when the ice melts.
- The water temperature may be too low in reservoir. Change the water in reservoir and set the temperature in between 45-90 degree Fahrenheit.
Ice maker not working
If the ice maker is running correctly but there are no ice cubes, then try the following:
- The water temperature or ambient temperature in reservoir may be too high. The unit must be in below 90 degree Fahrenheit. Try pouring cold water to water reservoir.
- If allowing the unit to cool down or changing the water does not work, then there may be some leakage of refrigerant fluid or pipe in cooling system may be blocked.
- If LED lights on control panel are blinking, the reason may be due to disruption in power source. Stop the ice maker and let it sit for several minutes so that it warm up and allow ice to fall from evaporator fingers. Empty the tray and wait for 3 minutes before starting the unit again.
- Igloo ICEB26RR portable ice maker can be used for making the ice cubes instantly for variety of beverages. Below are some delicious beverages that you can make at home.
- 1 part ice: fill 1/4th of each glass with ice made from Igloo countertop ice maker
- 1 part orange juice: pour the orange juice till half of glass
- Cola: pour cola in full glass and stir well.
- 6-8 oz. ice: fill glasses with ice from your Igloo ICEB26Rr compact ice maker
- ¼ oz. grenadine: add cola and grenadine
- Maraschino cherries: add maraschino cherries as garnish. Stir well
Blackberry basil iced tea
- 6 cups water
- 4 bags black tea
- 12 oz. fresh black berries
- 8-12 basil leaves
- Liquid sweetener to taste
Combine tea bags, water, basil leaves and black berries in a pitcher. Cover them and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
When ready, remove teabag and add some liquid sweetener to taste
Fill glass with ice from Igloo portable countertop ice maker.
Add iced tea to the glass until full.
|ADD WATER indicator lights up||low water level or Lack of water||Add water then unit will turn on automatically|
|No indication on control panel||Disconnection of plug||Check whether the plug is plugged into electrical outlet|
|ICE FULL or ADD WATER indicator simultaneously will light up||There may be air in the lines or line may get blocked. The water tank is not able to detect the water level Or Electrical power surge||Turn off device, pull out electrical plug, if needed fill it with water, replace the plug and start the unit again. Or Inspect relative parts; drain out small amount of water by removing the drain cap present at the back of unit. Replace drain cap and try to use the appliance again. Or Check if ice is jamming the ice pusher. Turnoff the unit, and let the ice melt and then restart.|
|The unit is not operating||Power is not properly supplied to unit. Or Water temperature or ambient temperature is too high||Plug the appliance into standard 110-120 V, 60 Hertz power source. Please run the unit below 90 degree Fahrenheit or pour cool water into reservoir.|
|Ice blockage or no ice is being made||Making of ice takes much time||Off the unit and let the ice block melts. Or change the size of ice cube to smaller|
Igloo Red Stainless Steel Cooler
The igloo stainless steel cooler is for those who are looking for more timeless but still offering good performance. It is made of stainless steel and has cool riser technology, which elevates the base of cooler off of ground. For insulation, Ultratherm foam is also added.
- LED control panel
- Attractive, compact and portable ice maker
- Large ice making capacity
- Quick freezing ice
- Size available in two sizes
- Produces ice in less than 7 minutes
- Water is filled manually
- Sometimes light up the indicator wrongly
- Ice melts quickly
- Makes little loud noise
An Igloo ICEB26RR Ice Maker would use around 350-kilowatt hours in a month.
Igloo ICEB26RR 26 lb Portable Ice Maker cannot keep a store of ice since it is not a freezer. You can transfer it to the freezer to avoid melting.
Yes, Igloo ICEB26RR Ice maker has filters. We need to replace the filter once in two to three months to maintain the machine well.
Igloo ICEB26RR portable ice maker is a fabulous ice maker and can make ice in very short time. It surprisingly takes up little counter space. With the Igloo ice machine, you can full basket of ice within 40 minutes which is portable, compact and makes ice fast. It is the perfect and best compact ice maker.
If you want to make your own ice with selected ice cubes size, Igloo ICEB26RR Ice Maker will be the perfect choice. It not only looks stylish on your countertop but also works fast in producing cylinder-shaped ice cubes within a few minutes. Overall, it is convenient, quick, compact, and stylish.