Koldfront Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker Review 2020
The Koldfront Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker is the famous and very cheap ice generator. I, one of the household people who gets rid of the ice trays, and now I am searching to buy the Best Countertop Ice Maker. Here, I have given my personal experience on the features, specifications, reviews of the product, and several aspects. By seeing these factors, you can understand the product’s main importance.
So, you can decide whether to buy this Koldfront Ice Maker or not. It produces the ice only in just 10 minutes. It is a well-insulated ice maker. This ice maker is most suitable for the cabins, RVs, boats, etc. The Koldfront Ice Maker is compact and portable.
The Ice Maker unit produces 26 pounds of ice per day. It allows us to customize your ice type and size. Koldfront Ice Maker only produces 2 different ice cube sizes. Since this is a water-cooled ice maker, use the tap water or bottled water. It has the storage capacity of 1.5 Lbs, and these are countertop ice maker.
Koldfront Ice Maker Machines
Life today can be very hectic. In these rushed days, everyone wants to finish their work within a few seconds. The EdgeStar and Koldfront are popular brands. To make each one’s work easier and simpler, the Koldfront Company is inventing the faster products. The Koldfront Products brought to the market on the belief that well-designed and thoughtful. The top Koldfront product example is Koldfront Ultra-Compact, Ice Maker. These products will fit into your life and also makes your work easy. These two companies combinedly design the Koldfront Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker is also the cheapest product from these companies. They will provide friendly customer support.
Koldfront Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker Overview
The Koldfront Compact Portable Ice Maker has an easy to use controls. It doesn’t require any drain. It is my beautiful experience review for the Koldfront Ultra Compact Ice Maker. Then only you will understand whether these features satisfy your needs. The Koldfront Ultra Compact Portable ice maker is one of the cheap ice makers.
Ice Production Capacity: The Koldfront Ice Maker can produce the 26 Pounds of Ice per day.
Time is taken to Produce Ice: The device will take 10 minutes to complete one full cycle.
Ice Storage Capacity: Koldfront KIM202W has the storage capacity of 1.5 pounds of ice cubes, which is the ample quantity for portable ice makers.
Ice Cube Sizes: The Ice Maker can produce two different sizes of Ice. Those are small and large. The display will indicate ‘S’ when you choose the size as small and displays ‘L’ for large size.
Type of the Ice: The ice maker produces a cube type of ice every time in different sizes.
Shape of the ice: Koldfront Ice Maker will result in you the bullet shaped ice.
The Koldfront Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker is compact and portable. You can able to move to this unit because it is a less weighted unit. The Koldfront Ice Maker may make some sounds at each stage. The ice case motor will make a whirling sound with the movement of the ice case and shovel. The options provided in the machine are very user-friendly. A user manual will be furnished by the company to understand every action of the unit.
- Operating Temperature Range: The water temperature should be between 51°F and 90°F. The operating temperature is the most important precaution you have to pay careful intention.
- Built-In Accessories: Yes, this device has the builtin accessories. The ice basket and the ice Scoop, are built-in with it.
- Light Indicators: The light indicators are the signals to represent various operations such as bin level is full/ requirement of water, etc.
- Removable Ice Bin: Yes, the ice maker has the removable ice bin. The ice bin was used for the storing of the produced Ice. Here, we have the option to remove the ice bin when required.
Follow the steps given below to drain the Koldfront Ultra Compact Ice Maker:
1. First, carefully move the unit towards a sink/ any other suitable location for the draining.
2. Remove the rubber drain plug from the bottom of the water reservoir to drain all the water.
3. Firmly install the rubber drain plug into the drain port.
Item model number
14.2 x 9.5 x 12.9 inches
Ice Production Cycle
Type of Ice
Large and Medium
Ice Producing Capacity
Water Reservoir Capacity
Koldfront Ice Maker Built-in Accessories
There are some accessories additionally benefited with the purchase of the Koldfront Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker. Those are nothing but the builtin accessories. In this Koldfront Ultra Compact Ice Maker, the built-in accessories are ice scoop and the ice basket.
- Ice Maker is popularly known as the ice machine.
- The Koldfront Ice Bin used to store the ice upto 1.5 lbs.
- The ice scoop useful to take the ice from bin.
Kold Front Ice Maker – Temperature
First of all, you can install your Koldfront Portable Ice Maker at a well-ventilated area. You are suggested to maintain the given temperature levels. If you have placed your ice maker outside these temperatures, then it may result from the production at a low cost or may have some other effects if your room temperature is at 60°F, better to select the small size setting.
- The ambient temperature is above 50°F and below 90°F.
- The water temperature must be between the 51°F and 90°F.
Koldfront Icemaker Placement
Put the Koldfront ice maker on a level & flat surface away from the direct sunlight & the other sources of heat such as a stove, radiator, furnace, etc. The appliance should be positioned so that the power plug is accessible. The Koldfront Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker must be installed in the area protected from the elements such as wind, rain, water spray, or drips. The ice maker should not be located next to the ovens, grills, or the other high heat resources.
Koldfront Ultra Portable Compact Ice Maker Installation
At first, you can unpack your Koldfront Ice Maker. While unpacking it, be careful and try to avoid using sharp instruments. You can protect the surface of your icemaker. Install the Koldfront Ice Maker and don’t plugin into the board for 24 Hours. The time will help compressor oils to allow its oil to settle well. It is easy to install this Koldfront Countertop Icemaker Machine.
- Read the safety precautions listed.
- A separate circuit serving only your ice maker be provided is recommended.
- You can use receptacles that cannot be turned off by a switch or pull chain.
- The ice maker is equipped with a power supply cord having a 3-prong grounding plug.
- To minimize possible shock hazards, the cord must be plugged into a mating 3-pronged and grounding-type wall receptacle providing 110-120V, 60Hz, grounded by the National Electrical Code & the local codes & ordinances.
- If a mating wall receptacle not available, it is the personal responsibility of the customer to have a properly grounded, 3-prong wall receptacle installed by the certified electrician.
Customer Service & Warranty for the Koldfront Portable Ice Maker
The customers have a warranty of 90 Days of Labor & 1 Year for the Parts, i.e., the damaged part may replace if it satisfies the Terms and Conditions.
- If you had received the damaged product, you could immediately contact the dealer who sold you.
- Go through this instruction manual carefully to help you install the product, use & maintain Koldfront ice maker.
- Read the troubleshooting section of this manual as it will help you diagnose and solve common issues.
- Visit the official website http://www.edgestar.com to register the product, download product manuals, & access additional troubleshooting resources & up-to-date information.
- If you need the warranty service, the friendly customer service representatives are available via email at service @ edgestar.com or by the telephone at 1 (866) 319-5473.
Warnings, Safety Measures of Koldfront Ice Maker
- The Koldfront Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker should not be located near the ovens/ grills/ other high heat sources.
- There must be at least 4 inches of the space around the back & sides of the unit for the proper air circulation.
- You can use only potable water/ water suitable for drinking.
- Change the water in the Water Reservoir for every 24 hours to ensure the reasonable hygiene level.
- The Ice Maker is equipped with a power supply cord having a 3-prong grounding plug. To minimize the possible shock hazards, the cord should be plugged into the mating 3-pronged & grounding-type wall receptacle providing 110-120V, 60Hz, grounded by the National Electrical Code and local codes & ordinances.
- If the mating wall receptacle not available, it is the personal responsibility of the customer to have a properly grounded, 3-prong wall receptacle installed by a certified electrician.
KOLDFRONT COMPACT PORTABLE ICE MAKER USER REVIEWS @ AMAZON
Customer Review 1:
We bought this to go on our boat for a trip up the inside passage to Alaska. It got a good workout on the weekend before summer and then for the full 5 weeks of the trip. Great way to make ice for the cooler outside or cold drinks inside. We used it for about 6 hours a day and had lots of ice (about 6 lbs). Simple drain it and leave it open between trips, and it goes right back to making ice the next time. No problems in the 2 years we have owned it and that included 2 long trips where it got used heavily every day for a month or more—nice compact machine, which is nice for boats where space is tight.
Customer Review 2:
I ordered this ice maker on Thursday and received it on Tuesday. Great shipping. Followed instructions, and it produced ice in 10 min and 6 min for every 9 cubes. Ice gets larger after each cycle and fills the basket in about an hour. The unit is very quiet. You only hear the ice placed in the basket. It seems that other brands are the same as the Koldfront but are just a little larger and more expensive (Avalon bay, igloo, etc.). Size is important because it will be used in my RV, and counter space is limited. I think the poor reviews are from people that are too critical.
Steps to use Koldfront KIM202W Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker
- Plug in Ice Maker into a 110V outlet,
- Fill in the reservoir with water
- Get ice cubes within 10 minutes.
Yes, you should turn off the Koldfront ice maker before emptying the ice basket.
The Koldfront KIM202W Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker would require around 350 kilowatt-hours in a month. The rate is $0.06 per kWh.
1.5 lbs of ice would make three fourth quarters. So it is far less than three quarters.
If you are looking for an innovative and portable ice maker, then it is worth to try this Koldfront KIM202W Ice Maker. There is no need to worry about your power bill as this machine is the energy-efficient ice maker with water re-cycling features. So, along with power, you can save your water and time as well. It will be beneficial for you and the environment. Furthermore, its compactness makes it easy to carry the unit anywhere and ideal for RV, boats, cabins, camping, or trips. Though this Koldfront portable ice maker is insulated, it is not applicable as a freezer. I hope this review helped to get the ice machine on the market.