Summit BIM24 Undercounter Ice Maker Review 2022
Are you looking for the best ice maker? Do you want to buy this ice maker for household purpose? Then have a look at the Summit BIM24 Undercounter Ice Maker. It is one of the best ice maker for home needs. I am also the person who loves to enjoy parties with friends and relatives. Everyone knows that a party is empty without drinks. To keep glass chill, I need more amounts of ice. My ordinary refrigerator cannot produce that much ice. For that I buy an ice maker, Really I love to use this ice maker. It produces ice quickly and fulfills my needs. I have been using this ice maker for a long time, and it’s never tried to make ice. An ice maker is very useful to you for preparing ice in large quantities. Here you can find the Summit Ice Maker Features, Reviews, etc.
Summit BIM24 Under Counter Ice Maker Overview
If you are one of the Household people, you are buying bags of ice daily. Don’t worry, here is the Summit Under Counter. It is the great little ice machine that keeps your glass chill. Summit BIM24 Undercounter Ice Maker helps you when having large gatherings or family events. It produces 10 lbs per day. This ice machine has a storage bin with cooled protection. It can store 10 lbs Ice and holds ice solid longer in the protected bin. Summit Ice Maker is an environmental friendly design without ozone-damaging chemicals. It has a reversible door for easy to switch when your arrangement changes. It doesn’t require a drain for operation.
Summit Ice Makers
Summit Appliance was founded in 1969 and has been a leading supplier of compact Ice Makers, commercial, specialty and medical refrigerators, and freezers ever since. Carrying well over 600 models of specialty refrigerators and freezers, Summit also delivers the largest range of fully automatic defrost compacts available on the market. With their expanding group of built-in and freestanding units, Summit serves various varieties of household, commercial, and scientific markets. Despite the extensive international expansion, Summit Appliance continues to remain a private, family-owned business with no outside investors. From innovative design to superior construction, Summit products embody quality from the inside out.
- Built-in or Freestanding capable & CFC Free
- Reversible door
- Special Features
1. Built-in or Freestanding capable & CFC Free
Make the best use of space by installing your icemaker under the counter and flush with other cabinets. Not only built-in, but it can also be used for freestanding applications. It may look compact, but we can not place it on the counter space. It should be placed under-counter or freestanding.
100% CFC free: Environmentally friendly design without ozone-damaging chemicals is Built-in Ice Maker.
2. Reversible door
You can quickly move your door with this feature. It keeps your options flexible with a reversible door that’s easy to switch when your arrangement changes. It will be more beneficial for left-handed people. If you are the one who frequently changes the location of your ice maker, then reversible door features help you a lot.
3. Special Features
- Same Production and Storage Capacity: It can make 10 pounds of ice every day and can store the same quantity of ice, i.e., 10 pounds of ice in it. So, there is no need to worry even if you don’t use a pinch of the produced ice.
- Manual defrost: When ice gets too thick, you have to defrost the ice maker.
- Professional handle: It has a reversible chrome handle to use reversible door easily.
- Insulated storage bin: Product contains insulated storage bin, in that ice stays stable longer.
- Manufacturer : Summit Appliance
- Model Number : BIM24
- Color : Silver
- Ice Production Capacity : 24 lbs
- Water Capacity : 3.4 Quart Water Reservoir
- Ice Storage Capacity : 10 Pounds
- Dimensions : 17.8 x 15 x 25 inches
- Product Weight : 66 lbs
Comparison Between Summit BIM24SS and Summit BIM24OS
Here is the Comparison between the Summit BIM Undercounter Ice Maker and Its Previous Product.
Summit BIM24SS Under Counter Ice Maker:
- It is used in the house hold, and it can move to any where.
- It has a reversible door.
Summit BIM24OS Outdoor Ice Maker:
- It is used for outdoor purposes only.
- It doesn’t have a reversible door.
Placement & Installation
Where Should I Place My Summit Ice Maker?
- Put your ice maker on a stable floor to support the ice maker when it is fully loaded. To level your ice maker, adjust the leg at the front of the appliance.
- Locate the device away from direct sunlight and sources of heat (stove, heater, radiator, etc.). Direct sunlight may affect the acrylic coating, & heat sources may increase electrical consumption. Extremely cold ambient temperatures may also cause the ice maker not to perform correctly.
- Do not locate the ice maker in moist areas. Too much moisture in the air will cause frost to form quickly on the evaporator requiring more frequent defrosting of the machine.
Summit BIM24 Undercounter Ice Maker Installation
- This device is designed to be either free-standing or built-in (fully recessed). If free-standing, the system should have at least 4” of clearance on both sides, at the top and the back to allow for adequate ventilation. If it is built-in, leave at least 3/16” at both sides, 1/16” at the top and 2” at the rear. Be sure that airflow under the ice maker is not blocked.
- Plug the Summit BIM24 Undercounter Ice Maker into an exclusive, properly-installed grounded wall outlet. Do not under any circumstances, cut or remove the third (ground) prong from the power cord. Any questions regarding power and or grounding should be directed toward a certified electrician or an authorized Summit products service center.
Summit BIM24 Undercounter Ice Maker Warranty
Summit Appliance warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one year from the original purchase or delivery date. Any parts determined to be defective will be replaced by Summit at no charge to you. Plastic parts and outer cabinets are warranted to be manufactured to commercially acceptable standards and free from defects at the time of delivery. The compressor (part only) is further warranted for an additional four years to the original purchaser only. This limited warranty does not apply to:
- Improper installation.
- Customer misuse, negligence, or damage.
- Incorrect electrical current.
- The Products with the serial number removed or altered.
- Products sold or used outside the fifty United States or the District of Columbia.
- Household appliances used in commercial applications.
- Damage to this product from alterations, accidents, failure to follow instructions, fire, earthquakes, floods, civil disturbance, war, or Acts of God.
- The company is not liable for consequential or incidental damage.
What are the Safety Measures taken while using the Summit Undercounter Ice Maker?
Follow the below Safety Precautions while Using the Ice Machine.
- Read All Instructions Before Using The Ice Maker.
- Never Clean Ice Maker Parts With Flammable Fluids. The Fumes Can Produce A Fire Hazard Or Explosion.
- Do Not Store / Use Gasoline / Any Other Flammable Vapors & Liquids In The Vicinity Of This Or Any Other Ice Maker. The Fumes Can Create A Fire Hazard Or Explosion.
- Danger: Risk Of Child Entrapment Child Entrapment And Suffocation Are Not Problems Of The Past. Junked Or Abandoned Ice Makers Are Still Dangerous. Even If They Will “JUST Sit In The Garage A Few Days.”
- It is Easy to Install
- You can place or Move the Appliance Easily
- It has a Reversible door so that you can use it based on your need
- It is Noise free and User-Friendly Device
- Ice Maker has Removable Ice Storage Bin, so it can store the Ice and keeps cold for a long time
- It is 100% CFC free
- It has no Self Closing Door System
- It has no Lock Facility
- No light Indicators for this Device
- There is No-Self Cleaning System, so you have to clean the Ice Maker
With its features and design, Summit BIM24 Built-in Ice Maker will be the best choice for home bars or apartments or yachts or any under-counter places of your house. If you are looking for a stylish ice makers for your modern house, this Summit built-in ice maker is the one for you. It looks classy with its platinum door, black cabinet, and chrome handle. We have reviewed this under-counter ice machine after analyzing and testing it for over 70 hours. I hope the details are beneficial for you to choose the perfect machine. Keep visiting our portal for more reviews on the best ice makers.
Overall, Summit BIM24 Built-in Ice Maker is the perfect under-counter ice machine that has the same production and storage capacity. Though there are some cons, the pros and features make Summit Ice Maker the right choice at an affordable price.