Whynter UIM 155 Stainless Steel Built in Ice Maker 2020
Whynter is one of the top manufacturing companies in electronic industry. This company is bringing out the exceptional product which helps in doing our work easily. With the products they present, you can enjoy the best services in discrete stream of product. All the products recommended by Whynter will have special features like space utilization, portability, etc; it helps us to use Whynter UIM 155 stainless steel built in ice maker wherever you require it.
Whynter UIM-155 ice maker is good looking ice machine that fits in any part, either in kitchen or home bar. It is built with smart black cabinet, which has reversible stainless steel door. The door of the machine is sealed well to keep the inside temperature cool and intact. The unit itself is pretty minuscule and looks similar to that of mini refrigerator. Whynter ice maker UIM-155 built in ice maker is perfect solution to ice making needs in any situation virtually. This ice machine makes 12 lbs of crescent shaped in 24 hrs and can able to store 6 lbs of ice.
- Type and dimensions: Whynter UIM-155 stainless steel ice maker has 18*15*25 inches. It also comes in the list of outdoor ice maker’s machine due to its portability. The users can use them in kitchens as well as in outdoor parties.
- Stylish stainless steel door: It comes with stylish stainless steel door and the sleek cabinet that fits in any modern kitchen and bar area. The door has provision of Right Hinge field with reversible feature so the user can use it according to their convenience.
- Ideal for any type of location: This portable ice maker is from Whynter is perfect solution for making ice in any situation virtually.
This device operates at the temperature of 45 degree Fahrenheit to 110 degree Fahrenheit range. Based on condenser type, ventilation technology may differ. In Whynter ice maker compressor is a cooling unit which means ventilation is must. This ice maker machine will automatically shut off and controls the overflow of ice. It helps the user to avoid manual work.
- Removable bins: The removable bin or container in this device holds up to 6 pounds of ice.
- Installation type: We can use Whynter cube ice maker in both freestanding and built-in ways with no drain required.
- User-friendly: Whynter UIM-155 ice maker is user friendly because it shut down automatically when the bin is full, which is helpful for the user.
- Crescent shaped cubes: This ice maker produces 12 lbs of crescent-shaped ice in 24 hours and can store up to 6 lbs of ice cubes.
- Ice scoop: It includes ice scoop to retrieve ice cubes.
- Warranty: The Whynter Company gives one year warranty for product.
Item model number
18 x 15 x 25 inches
Type of cubes
1 year on parts and labor
Daily ice production
Ice scoop included
The process of making ice is very straightforward. This device is included with just one button, so operation is easy just by turning it on with the help of front power switch.
Despite of its compact size and the smaller interior, the Whynter ice maker UIM-155 is no slouch when it comes to the production of ice. it can produce 12 lbs of ice in a day and can store up to 6 lbs of ice inside the included storage ice bin. One cycle of ice is made within 30-40 minutes. As it incorporates its own freezer, so you can leave the ice in machine as long as you wish. It produces crescent shaped ice which is rather soft, nice and chewable for drinks. The ice cubes produced by this ice maker are “dry ice” which is very advantageous because the cubes won’t get stuck together in clump.
As it is not the frost free ice maker, so you can expect some frost build-up. When the thickness of frost on inner walls is larger than ¼ inches then you need to defrost the machine manually. So defrost it for every 4-5 weeks depending on the usage.
Built-in accessories are the items that you get along with the product and you need to use them whenever required.
- Drain hose
- Removable bin
- Water supply hose
Temperature of Whynter UIM-155 stainless steel built in ice maker
The normal operating temperature of ice makers should range from 45 degree Fahrenheit to 110 degree Fahrenheit. The operation of ice maker outside these normal temperature ranges for extended periods may affect the production capacity. The machine will shut off automatically when the storage bin is full. At this stage, the compressor generally works to keep the temperature down to reduce the melting of ice.
Placement of Whynter UIM-155 ice maker
This ice maker is the rare piece which may under both built-in and freestanding ice maker. The freestanding ice maker can be placed anywhere either outside of homes as well as inside. In some other cases, it also comes under built-in ice maker machine. The ice maker should be placed where there is proper ventilation.
Before using the ice maker:
- Remove all the exterior and interior package material.
- Check for sure that you are having all the following parts:
- 1 ice bucket
- 1 plastic scoop
- 1 instruction manual
- 25 ft. hose
- Before connecting the device to power source, let it stay upright for approximately 4 hours. In this way you can reduce the possibility of malfunction in cooling system during the transportation.
- Clean the inner surface with Luke warm water using soft cloth.
Installation of ice maker
- Place the ice maker on hard and leveled floor that is strong enough to bear the ice maker when it is fully loaded. To level the ice maker, adjust the front leg of ice maker.
- Place the ice maker away from heat sources and direct sunlight. Direct sunlight can affect the acrylic coating whereas heat sources increases the electrical consumption. Extreme cold temperature may also affect ice maker in its performance.
- Avoid placing ice maker in humid and damp locations. Too much humidity in air can cause the frost to foam quickly on the evaporator which then requires frequent defrosting of ice maker.
- Plug in the ice maker to properly installed grounded wall outlet. Under any circumstances do not remove the third prong from power cord.
- This ice maker should be grounded properly for the safety. The power cord of this machine is equipped with three prong wall outlets to reduce the possibility of electrical malfunction.
Connecting to water supply
- All the required hardware is not provided for installation, so it is better to hire a professional licensed plumber to complete the installation.
- Connect the tubing to nearby water supply source. Connect the enough tubing to unit so that it can be moved easily for service and cleaning. also make sure that the tubing is not damaged or crimped during transportation
- Position unit in proper way to allow free air to flow through front grill.
- Wipe inside of unit and ice bucket with damp cloth.
Operating the ice maker
- Plug in the unit into 115/120 V polarized and well grounded wall electrical outlet.
- Place the switch in “ON” position
- Make sure that water supply is on. As soon as the inside mechanism reaches the correct temperature, the ice maker will start to fill the mold with water.
- The initial ice cube may be small due to air in the water line. Later cubes will be in standard crescent type size.
- Approximate time for first cycle may be around 30-40 minutes.
- Each cycle take approximately 5 OZs of water, so you need to fill the tray after 11 hours.
- Sometimes ice cubes may appear like cloudy, this may be due to rapid freezing of ice cube.
Care and maintenance
- Turn off the switch, unplug ice maker and take out the ice bucket.
- Wash inside of ice maker with warm water and baking soda solution. The solution is about 2 table spoons of baking soda to quart of water
- Wash the bucket using mild detergent solution
- Exterior part of ice make should be cleaned with water and mild detergent
- The condensed coils need to be vacuumed when they are dirty or dusty.
Most of the doors are reversible for Whynter UIM155 Stainless Steel Ice Maker. If not, they are hinged at the left or right side.
Yes, Whynter UIM155 Stainless Steel Ice Maker requires a filter.
This depends on the frequency you use Whynter UIM155 Stainless Steel Ice Maker. Most of the time, it will not leak water.
Yes, Whynter UIM155 Stainless Steel Ice Maker stops automatically when the bin is filled with ice.
Whynter UIM-155 stainless steel built-in ice maker with stylish workhorse is amazingly easy to use and gently produces enough ice to meet the most residential requirements. If you have been grappling with high maintenance ice maker machine for years, then this will make a welcome change.
Its compact size and flexible design will make it suitable to use in wide variety of various situations, like home, small office or even RV’ing. It runs efficiently, quiet and very stylish.
This ice maker will suit best for people who need ice production daily and are small sized under-counter unit which is simple to install and operate. Compared to many under counter ice maker models , this is the great one with better price.
Whynter UIM-155 Ice Maker fulfills are your ice making needs within minutes. It works efficiently and the stainless steel parts of it make the unit lasts for years. Enjoy the chilled beverage with this Whynter UIM-155 Built-in ice maker. It is now available on Amazon at the best price. Check out the review above and bring this perfect machine to your home or office or bar.